Translate this Page
Dan Smith Blog
Washington Post Recent Headlines
If you or a family member have been injured riding a motorcycle, you need the services of an experienced motorcycle accident attorney to assist with often times complex and confusing rules. A motorcycle accident can lead to devasting injuries and enormous medical bills that need to be paid but the negligent driver. Hiring a respected motorcycle accident attorney at the Coye Law Firm immediately can help you obtain the recovery you deserve and that justice demands.
Circuit riding in the central Florida area and attending scheduled events such as Daytona Beach Bike Week and Biketoberfest are part of the culture of motorcycle riders in central Florida. Many participants travel from other states and countries to enjoy the beautiful Florida weather and join other enthusiasts in the pursuit of the hobby.
Florida law does not require motorcyclists to carry personal injury protection insurance (pip), however, this does not excuse a negligent car or truck driver who has injured a safe motorcycle driver from having the responsibility to pay for the damages sustained. According to a study done by the University of Michigan, the average cost to care for someone injured in a motorcycle accident is approximately $33,000 and the likelihood of a fatal injury resulting in a wrongful death is very high because the rider is unprotected from the careless driving of another.
Motorcycle Accidents & Injuries
You should call a personal injury laywer immediately if a negligent driver has injured you. contact the Orlando, Melbourne, Clermont, or Kissimmee office of the Coye Law Firm for a free consultation and find out how they can assist you in getting through the aftermath of a motorcycle accident. They specialize in handling all aspects of serious motorcycle accidents from understanding the issues with insurance and holding accountable the responsible parties to obtaining justice in a courtroom when you need it. You may have a personal injury claim in certain circumstances. The Florida motorcycle accident lawyers at the Coye Law Firm will assist you in obtaining the money you need to pay for the injuries you sustained due to someone else's negligence.
There are many things you should be aware of when riding your motorcycle at the many events in Florida. For instance;
Current Laws for Licensing
- Under Florida DMV guidelines, anyone who drives a motorcycle must have a Class M motorcycle license or motorcycle instruction permit.
- Applicants for a Class M license must be 16 years or older, pass the motorcycle knowledge test, a hearing test, a vision screening, and a motorcycle skills test.
- All first-time applicants for a motorcycle license under the age of 21 must complete a department approved motorcycle safety course.
- Florida’s No-Fault, “pip”, law does not apply to motorcycles, but the Financial Responsibiility Law applies to all motor vehicles in this state.
- The purchase of motor vehicle liability insurance by an owner, operator, or owner/operator is strongly suggested.
- Knowing the exclusions under any insurance policy is strongly recommended as well.
Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Why It is Important
- Unisured or underinsured motorist coverage can pay for injuries to you and your passengers when there is an accident and the other driver is legally responsible and consider “uninsured” or “underinsured.”
- Though not required in the state of Florida, Uninsured Motorist Coverage can help you remain financially whole when involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist.
Even when you have followed the rules of the road and are careful, there remain times when careless drivers of cars and trucks can injure you causing serious injury. The Coye Law Firm's motorcycle accident attorneys are here for you. Call today.