Your Personal Injury, Workers' Comp, Disability and Family Law Concerns Put to Rest

Even a minor accident can cause physical and financial confusion, worries, and setbacks. Allow us to help answer your questions and put your concerns to bed, so you can focus on your recovery. Why wait any longer to get the answers you need? Click here and see how our knowledge, advice, and experience can help you.

  • Page 4
  • I was on a vacation outside of the state when I got into a car accident and I was injured. Will my insurance company pay for my injuries?

    As long as you were within the United States or Canada, your pip coverage should pay for your medical treatment. This also applies to insured relatives who were in your motor vehicle. If your car accident injuries are costly, contact the personal injury attorneys at the Coye Law Firm. 


  • Do I pay you anything if I don't get a recovery?

    The auto accident injury lawyers of the Coye Law Firm do their best to recover maximum benefits for clients. You don't have to pay if we don't make a recovery.


  • What should I bring to the first meeting with a lawyer?

    After calling our offices to set up a consultation, your attorney or case manager may recommend that you bring certain paperwork to get your case started. In general, you should bring:

    • the information exchanged between drivers
    • your auto insurance card
    • your group health insurance card


  • How much is my case worth?

    Personal injury cases that arise from car accidents are meant to recover benefits for the injured driver. These benefits can range from medical bill reimbursement, lost wages, or pain and suffering in more serious circumstances. To recover any benefits, documentation and reports from reputable doctors or other professionals are essential. The car accident attorneys at the Coye Law Firm want to help those injured in car accidents recover what they are owed under Florida law. Call our offices today to see if your case is worth pursuing.


  • The other driver's insurance company offered $5,000 for my injuries. I need the money, should I take it?

    An early offer to compensate you may not be enough to cover the injuries you sustained in the accident. Do not accept payment until you are ready. If you do, the at-fault driver's insurance company will not pay you any more money. An experienced attorney knows the aspects of recovery that need to be covered by a settlement. Call one of them at the Coye Law Firm today.


  • My insurance company is saying that they won't repay me for damages because it's "excluded." What does this mean?

    Most insurance companies will include "exclusions " under their policies to protect themselves from risk. Read your insurance policy carefully to see the wording of the exclusion and compare it against the situation you are facing. (If you don't have a copy, request one of your insurance agent. They should provide you with a copy of your policy.) You may be able to dispute the insurance company's decision to deny your claim. Contact an insurance attorney at the Coye Law Firm to seek assistance with this process.


  • Who pays my collision deductible?

    If your policy includes a deductible, you pay it following the accident. When the at-fault party pays your insurance company, it can include the amount of the deductible, which your insurance company can then reimburse you. You may choose to wait for the at-fault party to pay the deductible directly. This option takes time. You should discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each method with an experienced car accident lawyer at the Coye Law Firm before making a decision.


  • What happens if my medical bills go over $10,000?

    Florida is a no-fault state and requires insurance companies to pay the first $10,000 worth of medical bills for injured policyholders. However, some accidents cause injuries that this amount of money can't cover. 

    If your medical bills go over $10,000, another source of money must be found. Health insurance picks up some of the cost if you have a policy. If you are facing costs over $10,000 and might have to pay out of pocket, you need to speak with an attorney. Coordinating benefits past the first $10,000 of pip can be difficult to do. Our car accident injury attorneys can help you do this and recover benefits if there is resistance from insurance companies.


  • Do I have to go to my own doctor?

    You can go to any doctor capable of treating your injuries that resulted from the car accident. Make sure to coordinate the treatment with your insurance company and notify the car accident lawyer assigned to your case.


  • Who will pay my medical bills?

    In Florida, drivers are required to have Personal Injury Protection under the no-fault system. This means that insured drivers have their own insurance companies pay the first 80% of $10,000 in medical bills. Beyond that, you may need your own health insurance or the other driver's insurance company to pay. Speaking with a personal injury lawyer at the Coye Law Firm can help you determine the source beyond $10,000.