I'm 19 and I was recently injured at work, what are my options?
Younger workers are given special consideration when the average weekly wage is computed to arrive at a lost wages settlement. People under 22 years can expect to have their wages increase at rates faster than older workers, so their injuries may impede upon this. Therefore, reasonable measures are taken to compute the average weekly wage. An attorney can help to explain this process and make the computations according to the law.
- Do You Still Have Questions?
Call 407.648.4940 or contact Coye Law Firm today for a free consultation about your case.
The expert injury attorneys at Coye Law Firm are experienced with Florida, New York, Michigan, and District of Columbia law and are here to help the injured.
Discover POWERFUL SECRETS and COMMON LIES of Florida Workers' Compensation
If you are someone you know is struggling with the workers' comp process, get a FREE hard copy of my workers' compensation book and you will be squared away in no time!
From my book you will learn...
- The one thing you MUST do within 30 days of a work injury (page 16)
- How to fill out a First Report of Injury form (page 20)
- The first step you need to take to receive wage loss benefits (page 54)
- What medical decisions your employer can make for you (page 26)
- How to protect your benefits after being placed on light duty (page 38)
- How to deal with rude workers' compensation doctors (page 39)
- Disastrous workers' comp traps to avoid (page 83)
- Others methods to pay for your medical costs (page 45)
- What "maximum medical improvement" means for a claimant (page 63)
- ...and much more.
To receive your FREE copy, click here