How does the government handle USERRA claims?

The Veterans Employment and Training Service (VETS), a part of the Department of Labor , investigates claims related to USERRA. If the investigation does not lead to a resolution of the issue, the service member can have their claim referred to the Department of Justice, where it will be assigned to an appropriate District Court. If the violation of USERRA is proven to be intentional, then the service member may be awarded reasonable attorney fees.