If you have suffered a burn injury in Florida, it is vital that you do the following:
1) Seek medical attention for your injuries immediately
Never assume that you do not need medical attention after an injury. Injuries can be complicated and often get worse if not treated properly.
If you’ve sustained a burn injury in an accident, see a doctor immediately, regardless of who is at fault. Basic treatment immediately after a burn injury may include the following:
- Emergency room visits for treatment of severe burns or other obvious injury.
- Emergency room testing ( X-Ray, MRI, or CAT scan) to determine internal, unseen injuries.
- Short-term hospital recovery.
- Antibiotic or pain management prescriptions necessary for recovery.
2) Document the circumstances of the accident
Lawyers and insurance companies will be interested in the facts of the accident. Detailing those facts now and writing them down will certainly come in handy later if you are pursuing a claim
- How did the burn injury happen?
- Where did it occur?
- Were there any witnesses?
3) Take pictures of your injuries and the surrounding area
Pictures serve as crucial evidence.
Taking pictures of your injuries, and the area where the accident occurred will help strengthen your claim.
4) Take pictures of what caused the burn injury
Burn injuries occur in a variety of situations.
Some of the most common causes of burn injuries include the following:
- Scalding burns from hot liquids or steam
- Building fires
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Electrical accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Industrial accidents
- Defective products
- Chemical burns
- Gas explosions
- Lawn mower accidents
5) Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any person that witnessed the accident
If there were any witnesses to the accident, get their names, addresses and phone numbers if you can. Witnesses can provide testimony as to what happened.
If you have questions about your Florida injury case you can download a FREE copy of Wade Coye’s book, Sharing the Secrets, Learning the Lies: A Guide to Florida Personal Injury. You can also contact our expert team by calling (407) 648-4940 today or by filling out a contact form.