Orlando Veterans Disability Attorney

What Are Veteran's Disability Benefits?

The Department of Veterans Affairs website states that "if you have a service-related disability and you were discharged under other than dishonorable conditions," you can get Veteran's Disability compensation benefits for your disability. Veterans of all kinds can apply, regardless of which war they served and whether they were involved in combat or not.

Compensation can also be recieved if a veteran develops a condition or sustains an injury that prevents them from working or continuing their service. This page discusses how one can qualify and apply for these much-needed benefits.

Do I Qualify for Veterans Disability Benefits?

As said earlier, to qualify for veteran's disability benefits, a person must:

  • Have a disabling injury/condition related to active duty service in the military
  • Have a disabling injury/condition that was made worse by serving in the military
  • Have been discharged under conditions that were not dishonorable

You may be awarded more benefits if you have:

  • A severe disability
  • Lost a limb
  • A spouse
  • A child or children
  • Dependent parents
  • A disabled spouse

How do I Apply for Veterans Disability Benefits?

When it comes time to apply for VA disability benefits, there are two ways to do it.

You can apply online apply online via the VA website (recommended) or visit your local VA office (click here for a list of local offices).

The form you need is called the Veterans Application for Compensation or Pension, also known as VA Form 21-526. In order to receive additional benefits for family members or severe disabilities, be sure to include marriage certificates, birth certificates, and doctor reports with your application. 

As with any insurance claim, keep track of any paperwork, medical bills, and correspondence as it relates to your claim in order to get the maximum disability benefits.

You can estimate the amount of benefits you can receive by consulting the chart available from the Dept. of Veteran's Affairs

The VA Denied My Claim. What Do I Do?

To appeal a decision made by the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, the first step is to write a letter to your local VA office. There is no form to file an appeal; you or your attorney can write a statement that specifically outlines why you disagree with the decision on your benefits. This statement is called a Notice of Disagreement. It also key to know that you have one year to appeal a VA decision. Unlike Social Security Administration, the VA’s decision is considered final after one year and cannot be reopened.

Call 407.648.4940 or contact Coye Law Firm today for a free, private strategy session about your Veteran's Disability case.

The expert injury lawyers at Coye Law Firm are experienced with Florida, New York, Michigan, and District of Columbia law and are here to help the disabled.

Looking For More Information About Veterans Disability Benefits?

Download an absolutely free copy of my Special Report on disability benefits.

This Special Report is yours to keep with absolutely no obligation to us!

My report explains the basics of disability benefits, and gives a few helpful tips that could speed up your disability claim. 

The better you understand the system, the quicker you can receive the benefits you deserve. 

Click here to request your copy now!